30 November 2005

Growing Up!

Jasmine is just growing up so fast! Little things change every day. She is really becoming a real preschooler now, not that she will be going to pre-school! She is going to 'real' kindy, next year and the year after that is going to prep. I am so not ready for her to go to prep! I really love watching what a lovely little girl she is turning into and I don't really like the thought of not being able to see her as many hours a day! She is such fun to have around, and constantly brings a smile to my face with the little things she comes up with.

I have been very lucky (gives me time to do stuff and catch up on sleep occasionally when Kyan is asleep as well) that she was still having 2hr naps up until recently. At one stage she started looking like she would drop them but then went through a growth spurt and started sleeping for 3hrs or more! Well the past two weeks she has only been having about 2 naps a week. I have been still trying to get her down because she seems so tired, but then after half an hour to an hour she is still in there playing and when she gets up is as happy as till bed time.

The fact she was still having naps was a sanity saver in Kyan's early months, because at least I could catch up on sleep during the day occasionally when Kyan was up a lot at night time.

Thankfully Kyan is now back to sleeping through most nights so I shouldn't need day naps so much anymore. Phew!

Jasmine is having her teeth filled under GA next week. I am so not looking forward to it, taking her to the dentist is bad enough. The nurse at the hospital is calling on Friday to let me know what I have to do in regards to her fasting etc, and I will find out the proceedure then, so that I can try and explain it to her as best I can without scaring the crap out of her! Hopefully I can make it sound like and adventure rather than something to be scared of.

I even rang the gp's office to see if she could have her 4yr old vaccinations done while she was under the GA, because I have a feeling after the GA we are going to have a real fight for her to get her vaccinations done. Unfortunately they can't do it that way tho. Bugger!

We had her orientation day at her new kindy a couple of weeks ago and I think she is going to love it there. The staff are so devoted to the kids and it has such a lovely, caring and homey atmosphere there and the grounds are so great for kids! I think she will get a lot out of it, and it will really stimulate her learning and creativity. I couldn't think of a better way to prepare her for prep.

No comments: