09 April 2006

The Show!

I have been meaning to post all week about the show last weekend. We took the kids to the show and we had the most wonderful time! Jasmine had an ABSOLUTE ball at the show and Kyan was on his best behaviour too even tho he hadn't had a nap all day.

Jasmine got her face painted again this year. Dean and Jaz went alone last year because I was not yet up to going to the show after having only had Kyan a short time beforehand. I was still recovering from the c-sect and didn't feel up walking around for several hours just yet. (not to mention being rather tired etc!)

Anyway, I as looking forward to it this year since Jasmine had such a wonderful time last year.

She got her face painted last time too, but last time was a mermaid, even tho I could have sworn it as a butterfly! Anyway, this time she is fairy and I thought she looked adorable! ;-) She rather enjoyed it herself and I suspec felt rather pretty! I tried to call her Fairy Jasmine but that didn't fly.. it still is JUST Jasmine! LOL

Both Jasmine and Kyan LOVED the puppet show which they apparently also had last year.

Here is Jaz watching the show. My heart melts when I see her looking so happy. ;-)

And this is her when the kids were supposed to tell the crocodile (Snap) that Punch as asleep.

As you can see she got rather animated and had a wonderful time! She also managed to have a go at the clowns, she got a show bag, ate a hot dog, shared a milkshake with daddy, visited the baby animals (some of which were not that baby!), WALKED without complaining for 4 hrs! (with a couple of rest stops)

I was soo amazed. I wanted to bring our second pram but it was broken. But she did fine! Made me feel much better about hopefully going to Sea World at the end of the year without a second pram!

As I said, Kyan also LOVED the puppet show. He was clapping with everyone else at all the appropriate times and even watched most of the show which I found amazing!

Jasmine went on the jumping castle as well. My have jumping castles changed a lot since I was a little girl! They are not exactly a castle anymore but rather a jumbo slide and mansion rolled into one! LOL

Last year, apparently Jasmine would not go further than the very front part of the castle. This year, she climbed right on, headed straight for the 'stairs' to the slide and began climbing...she climbed, and climbed and climbed, my heart was in my throat when she slipped a couple of times...but she managed to hold on. I was sure when she got to the top and realised just how high it was that she would get upset and I would have to climb up after her.. since I was the closest and Dean was with Kyan. I was soo not looking forward to THAT idea! Anyway.. she got right up to the top without hesitation...and well the pics say it all!


The pics really don't show just how steep those 'steps' were and how steep that slide was.. I can't believe she not only went down the slide, but went back up again for more! When she got to the bottom after her first go I was flabbergasted, as was Dean. She was exhilerated and promptly told the guy running the castle that she could do it now because she was a BIG sister! He he. She then continued to tell him that she was very strong and had big muscles. ROFL!

I am so dying to scrap these photos, but have not yet had a chance.. hopefully this week! I need to get some layouts done as I have been given the opportunity to have a book of my layouts custom printed. I had better get cracking!

I am thinking about changing my blog to my own site. I want to make it a bit more personal and pretty it up a bit. First I need to find some good easy to customise blog software that is free. LOL Suggestions are welcome! ;-) I am looking at wordpress.. it doesn't look to bad but I am not sure how easy it will be to customise, I want something a little different than the standart templates.





No comments: