15 March 2006

1st Steps! - and a few updates...

Kyan took his first steps yesterday! It took me entirely surprise because while he has been cruising furniture for a while and getting more and more stable, he has shown absolutely no interest in walking. I was in the bathroom and he was standing at the door and he wanted to come to me, and before he realised what he was doing started taking a couple of steps.. he then realised what he was doing and was about to get back down on hands and knees when I encouraged him and he took another step and fell into my arms. I got sooo excited and he was so proud of himself.

It was such a shame that Dean was only 10mins away from coming home and missed it! I managed to get him to do it a few more times by telling standing him up and telling him to walk to Mummy, and then a couple more times when Dean came home. He is a cheeky little bugger as it is who is always into everything so I can see I am going to be chasing after him constantly! LOL We have had to put child locks on the cupboards under the sink already as he has a great facination for what is inside them and has recently worked out how to open them. We never had to use child locks for Jasmine as she never had any interest in opening the kitchen doors. She even knows to make sure Kyan doesn't go near them and that he is not to touch anything inside.

He gave the new locks a good test today and got a bit frustrated that he couldn't open the doors. Jasmine couldn't even open them so hopefully he won't work it out too soon! LOL

The poor little man has been waking lots thanks to teething. He now has 8 teeth and I think there is a molar on the way. He has been chewing on his thumb heaps right at the back of his mouth. He has also developed a nasty cough for about a week and a half which I have suspected might be asthma. With the weezing he has had with croup, and also some weezing without croup about a month ago, I have suspected for a little while he might have asthma but doctors are reluctant to diagnose it before 12mths. Anyway, he has been waking at night with fits of coughing and it all started around the time my own asthma flared up when we had a change in weather.. as it got cooler.

So I took him to the doctor yesterday and she thinks it is asthma too. So I came home with a spacer, mask and some ventolin along with a script for some Prednisone. My gp thinks the predisone will clear it up a fair bit. It is so hard to tell if the ventolin is working since his weezing is not usually audible except at night time, but you know he is having it as he has the same coughing fits that I do. At least I now can give him ventolin in the hopes it will work.

He had his 12mth vaccinations yesterday also and so has been rather cranky today. At least it is over and done with! We have had a cranky Jaz as well as she has had a nasty tummy bug, she got it from me. The poor thing was up last night screaming in pain from tummy cramps and woke again later on having been a little sick. We had to change the sheets etc, before putting her back to bed. I was a bit groggy having taken mersyndol to help me sleep through my own tummy cramps! Anyway, I am feeling pretty much better today and Jasmine seemed a fair bit better, tho still a bit clingy and pale.

1 comment:

Helen said...

He is sooo cute Robyn, I can't believe a year has gone by. Kyan is a real little man now and I think you are going to have a hard time keeping up LOL