15 March 2006

Birthday Boy!

Our baby boy is now 1! I cannot believe how fast this year has gone! He has certainly kept us busy this year with his reflux, milk protien intolerance, teething, etc etc etc. At least his reflux is now over, with only occasional bouts which don't bother him too much.

He has grown up so fast, and he had a wonderful party on the weekend. We got him a Fisher Price front door thingy, with doorbell, front door light, mailbox, window and all sorts of other bells and wistles. He and Jasmine have been having great fun playing with it. Jasmine chose a fire truck for him from her which he has also enjoyed playing with. He loves to play with it in the car.

He got totally spoilt by all our friends and relatives and now finally has some wonderful boy toys instead of sharing a lot of his sisters old girly toys. He now has a little people pirate ship instead of a Little People house to play with! LOL He also got a wonderful Plane/Car so he no longer has to ride Jasmine's Pink Disney Princess one. It does have lots of bells and noisy whistles tho.. but I guess I will get used to it along with all the other noisy toys around the place! LOL He and Jasmine LOVE it and have been playing with it constantly. Kyan enjoys sitting on it but has trouble putting his leg over the seat so we have to help him out there.

I made an elmo cake for him since he likes Elmo! And who doesn't he is so cute! I thought it would be an easy one to make compared to my previous cakes, but getting the red icing and the black colour in the wedding cake fondant was a bit tricky. Jasmine desperately wanted to help me until he was finished but by the time it was 8.30 I still had a few decorations to make and she was soooo tired.. she ended up cuddling with dad and was asleep within minutes.

She did have great fun helping me with the ginger bread men and chocolate crackles tho! She LOVES helping me cook, the licking of the spoon and bowl might have something to do with that tho.. ahh the memories of my own childhood! It is amazing how hungry she gets when I am cooking.. but only for one particular thing! LOL

Kyan was very blazé about his birthday and didn't really seem to notice the day was anything special..perhaps just a few strange looks tho with all the cuddles I kept giving him. LOL

At his party he overcame his dislike of crawling on grass and decided it was worth the effort to crawl over grass to get to his Daddy who was on the other side of the picnic table. Not long after that he decided it would be a good idea to head full speed down the park footpath (thank goodness there were no bike riders around!) with me following him close behind with the camera to grab a few shots. I thought it was so cute.. it didn't take him long to travel a good 50-100 meters on that cold rough concrete!










No comments: